Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Rangel Steps Down as Ways and Means Chair!

Thank God for small favors:
"In the view of the fact that my chairmanship is bringing so much attention to the press, and in order to avoid my colleagues having to defend me during their elections I have this morning sent a letter to speaker [Nancy] Pelosi asking her to grant me a leave of absence until such time as the ethics committee completes its work."
....but it's not because I did anything wrong, mind you!

Stark to Replace Rangel as Ways and Means Chairman!
California Representative Pete Stark will temporarily lead the U.S. House Ways and Means Committee during Chairman Charles Rangels leave of absence, said Representative Shelley Berkley, a Nevada Democrat. Bloomberg's Peter Cook reports. Rangel, admonished last week for breaking House rules on accepting gifts, told reporters today he asked House Speaker Nancy Pelosi for a leave of absence.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Followers

Total Pageviews