Protesters shared their sentiments:
- "They don't seem to care, it's horrible how they manage us, how they talk to us, how they treat us. They don't respect us as human."
- "This is our fourth strike in New York, and now we have 50 cities striking with us, I'm ready for a change."
- "Si Se Puede" ("Yes, We Can") and "Hey, hey, ho, ho $7.25 has got to go."
America also shared theirs:
- The entire country should just ignore this strike of obnoxious irrational brats until they grow up and get back to work or quit so someone that appreciates an honest job for an honest wage takes their place.
- Thanks for reminding me! I will be stopping by a McDonald's today and grabbing a bite on my way home from my 40-mile commute for a part-time job that pays a little more than these dudes are making.
- African Americans just are OBLIVIOUS to the fact that Obama's Party gains strength by ENCOURAGING people to slide into WELFARE (Today's Plantation) and remain there indefinitely. There is no self pride, no personal success. Just live in the shadows of POVERTY.
- Fast food is not a living wage. It never was and it never will be. The skill set here is the lowest of the low. The turnover the highest of the high.
- Let's all reward mediocrity so that we can all strive to be fast-food workers. Why become a doctor or lawyer when you can support your family on a mediocre job like McDs? Why go to school to learn Physics and Math when all you need to know is how to drop a basket of fries into some oil and flip a burger over until it is done?
- Let me add that, until you can make change in your head, without a computer, and take an order without using buttons with little pictures of food, you are not going to be paid anymore than minimum wage and are lucky to have any job at all. Have any of you ever seen the look of total befuddlement on one of these minimum wage workers when your bill comes to $15.78 and you hand them a $20 bill and 3 pennies? Enough said.
- I actually sympathize with them, but they're taking their anger out on the wrong people. They should be protesting at the White House. It's the Obama Administration that hss focused on the high tech companies and done its best to strangle everything else off. It is the Obama Administration that has ruined the chances of people starting off in fast food to be able to survive because during their watch the prices for commodities like gasoline and basic foodstuffs have risen faster than inflation. It's the Obama Administration that is forcing these protests, and it's the Obama Administration that knows it.
- This is pathetic, I had a job like this when I was young and moved on, I did not expect to be more than that. How this idiots want to make as much a entry level nurse assistant that went to school and and has your life in your hand? THis is really getting me angry. Yes you should get a raise maybe 8 to 8.50 but then if you wish to have a carreer in this filed go up the ranks, make manager, distric manager, etc. This job is not for the 27 year old woman, or the guy that spent 70 dollars for an original team cap!
- You shouldn't have a minimum wage job if you have a family. Or to put it another way, you shouldn't have a family if you have a minimum wage job. No employer has to pay you a "living wage" in order for you to consume oxygen and occupy space. A minimum wage is a starting wage and the idea is you improve yourself through experience and education so you can deliver some value to an employer. No one should ever aspire to make only the minimum wage. Stay in school, don't have kids, work hard and improve yourself, that is the way it works. Do these McDonald's employees think that they should be paid $15 an hour so they can make a lifetime career dispensing shakes, fries and burgers? Nobody owes anybody a living, if you don't like the system then try to start your own business.
- Excellent! If you are over 25 and making minimum wage YOU ARE A FAILURE! If you have children and no marketable skills YOU ARE A FAILURE and have FAILED your kids. If you have been in a job making minimum wage fro mor ethan a year YOU ARE A FAILURE!
That kinda says it all!