Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Ode to Rush...the rock band!

In The Garden a Working Man toils in the shadows of the Available Light. Our life is more than a Dreamline when we Test for Echo at Lakeside Park. I grew up a cast out within the Subdivisions, a misunderstood misfit, a Natural Science nerd living in a La Villa Strangiato. Escape! Escape! My Red Barchetta wisk me away to Fly By Night up the mountain road where I would park and stare at Cygnus X-1 in the sky. As The Camera Eye watches, I dance to Different Strings. Their music has become Second Nature and a Prime Mover in my life. My Mission is to see this band one more time. The concert hall will be my Xanadu, when the show-lights go dark I will bask in the Afterimage and My Body Electric will hum. Lessons to those who may see my Tears and think I am Losing It, they are not from Scars of pain, but from an air of Joi De virve, music. Their music, it lies Closer To The Heart than any other. Part Grand Design with a dash of Bravado and always pure Chemistry. Their Mystic Rhythms beat in my soul like the pulse in my Vital Signs.

A Far Cry from what the Neurotica called them, a Something For Nothing band going nowhere. I (we) knew better. It has been a Ghost Of A Chance that this band, who placed its Secret Touch on my heart at 15 and still sends chills through my 50-year-old body continues, stronger. What a Sweet Miracle! My love of this band has been a Marathon and In The End I dream that Time Stands Still this tour. And as the Caravan of cars leaves the stadium, I will be filled with joy as it has been one more night of Making Memories. We Hold On to Hope and put on our Bravest Face while we Resist the thought this tour is a Farewell to Kings. But if it is so, I Wish Them Well.

No comments:

Followers

Total Pageviews