Monday, August 15, 2011

NYC Street Flooding | Torrential Downpours- August 14th, 2011!

Courtesy YouTuber tornadovideostock: What a deluge here in NYC today! The rains began yesterday evening around 10pm and have not let up since then. I was awoken by several bouts of storms during the overnight hours and by the time I got up this morning, my neighborhood here in NYC had already received over 2 inches of rain. We've more than doubled that since then and I headed out the door around 10am to document some of the flooding around my area. 


This video was shot right near the intersection of Metropolitan Ave & Cooper Ave in Middle Village, NY. Parts of the NYC metro have already received in excess of 8 inches of rain at the time of this posting! The average so far appears to be in the 4-6 inch range. That's a whole lot of rain for one day.

No comments:

Followers

Total Pageviews